How to Prevent Illegal Dumping
Municipalities are looking for ways to prevent illegal dumping in their community. Illegal dumping occurs in alleyways, clearings in remote areas, and generally anywhere the perpetrators believe they will not be caught.
Regrettably, illegal dumping causes great harm to the environment, which in turn causes humans to face disease and toxic water pollution. Most citizens value their community; however, it only takes a few bad apples to cause problems for the rest of the population.
To prevent the spread of disease and water pollution, every municipality must create an Illegal Dumping Prevention Program.
Here are some important topics to discuss that should be included in the Illegal Dumping Prevention Program.
Illegal Dumping Prevention Program.
A Successful Illegal Dumping Prevention Program involves many departments within the city.
- Education: Educate the community about the hazards and the cost of illegal dumping.
- Hotlines: Hotlines are a very useful tool when there are witnesses nearby.
- Social Media Program: Get help from the community to identify perpetrators.
- Legislation: Legislate stiff fines to prevent illegal dumping.
- Enforcement: Enforce, respond, investigate, and make sure you have prosecutable images.
- Staff Resources: Dedicated people to take charge of the Illegal Dumping Prevention Program.
- Illegal Dumping Prevention Cameras– cameras specifically designed to provide prosecutable evidence in dark remote areas, where illegal dumping usually occurs.
Eliminate the blight and disease illegal dumping brings to the community. Create an Illegal Dumping Prevention Program!
#noillegaldumping #stopillegaldumping #publicworks