Are you a city official that is irritated with the illegal dumping that is occurring in your city? Here are some solutions to help your community.
Illegal Dumping is a major problem for most cities. City officials are frustrated because even though resources are tight, the responsibility to clean up and prevent lays on their shoulders. Fortunately, there are creative ideas that not only solve the problem but can add to the city’s resources. To do this, the city must implement a program that includes city team work, involving several departments.
Here are some bullet points to build and implement an effective Illegal Dumping Program:
- One person responsible to administer the program (including the deployment, operation and maintenance of equipment).
- Access to a bucket truck for proper installation, movement, and maintenance equipment.
- Coordinated efforts to educate the public and to increase public relation efforts.
- Support from specified enforcement personnel to successfully prosecute individual cases.
- Totally Portable, High-Resolution Cameras to catch and prosecute dumpers in the act.
Although, implementing an effective program can be daunting, cities should look at this challenge as an opportunity to make a difference. If the ordinances are written correctly, the program could even generate revenue, adding resources to the city. If you are a city official with the challenge of illegal dumping, do not despair. Create and Implement an Illegal Dumping Solution that will bring pride to the community you serve.